What is Dual Enrollment?

Dual enrollment gives high school students the opportunity to take college courses at their high school during the school day. 学生 get credit for both a high school course and the college course—that’s why it’s called dual enrollment. 

Dual Enrollment Goals

  • Increase high school students' awareness of diverse types of majors and careers.
  • Increase the proportion of students who complete high school with 15 or more credits.
  • Increase the proportion of students who enter a post-secondary institution at transfer-level math and English.
  • Increase the number of students who pursue and complete a post-secondary education.

Pasadena City College’s Dual Enrollment Program is offered only in Pasadena area’s school districts.  

Marshall High School Dual Enrollment Class

Partner High Schools and Districts

Currently, PCC offers dual enrollment at these high school districts:

  • Arcadia Unified School District
    • Rancho Learning Center
  • El Monte Unified School District
    • Rosemead High School
  • La Cañada Unified School District
    • La Cañada High School
  • Pasadena Unified School District
    • Blair High School
    • John Muir High School Early College Magnet
    • Marshall Fundamental 
    • Pasadena High School
    • Rose City High School
  • San Gabriel Unified School District
    • Gabrielino High School
  • San Marino Unified School District
    • San Marino High School
  • South Pasadena Unified School District
    • South Pasadena High School
  • Temple City Unified School District  
    • Temple City High School 

Through dual enrollment partnerships, school districts and community college districts create clear pathways of aligned, sequenced coursework that allow students to more easily and successfully transition to for-credit, college-level coursework leading to an associate degree, transfer to the University of California or the California State University, or to a program leading to a career technical education credential or certificate.

Check with your high school counselor or principal to learn more about dual enrollment courses offered at your high school!